Deno Continuous Benchmarks
These plots are updated on every commit to master branch.
Make sure your adblocker is disabled as some can block the chart rendering.
all data (takes a moment to load)
Tests HTTP server performance. 10 keep-alive connections do as many hello-world requests as possible. Bigger is better.
- deno_tcp is a fake http server that doesn't parse HTTP. It is comparable to node_tcp .
- deno_http is a web server written in TypeScript. It is comparable to node_http .
- deno_core_single and deno_core_multi are two versions of a minimal fake HTTP server. It blindly reads and writes fixed HTTP packets. It is comparable to deno_tcp and node_tcp. This is a standalone executable that uses the deno rust crate. The code is in http_bench.rs and http_bench.js. single uses tokio::runtime::current_thread and multi uses tokio::runtime::threadpool.
- hyper is a Rust HTTP server and represents an upper bound.
Proxy Req/Sec #
Tests proxy performance. 10 keep-alive connections do as many hello-world requests as possible. Bigger is better.
- deno_proxy_tcp is a fake tcp proxy server that doesn't parse HTTP. It is comparable to node_proxy_tcp .
- deno_proxy is an HTTP proxy server written in TypeScript. It is comparable to node_proxy .
- hyper is a Rust HTTP server used as the origin for the proxy tests
Max Latency #
Max latency during the same test used above for requests/second. Smaller is better.
Execution time #
This shows how much time total it takes to run a few simple deno programs: tests/002_hello.ts , tests/003_relative_import.ts, tests/workers_round_robin_bench.ts, and tests/workers_startup_bench.ts. For deno to execute typescript, it must first compile it to JS. A warm startup is when deno has a cached JS output already, so it should be fast because it bypasses the TS compiler. A cold startup is when deno must compile from scratch.
Time it takes to pipe a certain amount of data through Deno. echo_server.ts and cat.ts . Smaller is better.
Max Memory Usage #
Max memory usage during execution. Smaller is better.
Executable size #
deno ships only a single binary. We track its size here.
Thread count #
How many threads various programs use.
Syscall count #
How many total syscalls are performed when executing a given script.