Fresh is a next generation web framework, built for speed, reliability, and simplicity.
Some stand-out features:
- Just-in-time rendering on the edge.
- Island based client hydration for maximum interactivity.
- Zero runtime overhead: no JS is shipped to the client by default.
- No build step.
- No configuration necessary.
- TypeScript support out of the box.
- File-system routing à la Next.js.
🚀 Getting started
Install Deno CLI version 1.23.0 or higher.
You can scaffold a new project by running the Fresh init script. To scaffold a
project in the
my-project folder, run the following:
deno run -A -r https://fresh.deno.dev my-project
Then navigate to the newly created project folder:
From within your project folder, start the development server using the
deno task command:
deno task start
Now open http://localhost:8000 in your browser to view the page. You make changes to the project source code and see them reflected in your browser.
To deploy the project to the live internet, you can use Deno Deploy:
- Push your project to GitHub.
- Create a Deno Deploy project.
- [Link][https://deno.com/deploy/docs/projects#enabling] the Deno Deploy
project to the
main.tsfile in the root of the created repository.
- The project will be deployed to a public $project.deno.dev subdomain.
For a more in-depth getting started guide, visit the Getting Started page in the Fresh docs.